Blackstone — Red Cashmere (Discontinued) — Ink Review #1
Black Stone — Red Cashmere
Ink Review # 1
Originally posted on FPN: Jan 18, 2020
Ink: Red Cashmere - Mini Review
Brand: Black Stone
Country: Australia
Availability: Discontinued
Pens Used: Conway Stewart with OB flex nib and Jinhao 450 M
Description
Hello. This is my first a mini review. To me personally the color, shading and writing sensation are important.
I can forgive many things, if the ink has that je ne sais quoi factor. In preparing this review, I appreciated even more the work of veteran reviewers whose reviews I've enjoyed over the years. Thank you.
From what I understand Red Cashmere, in its powdered form, was the genesis of Blackstone inks in Australia. My sample came from Fountainfeder and I was excited to try it.
I was taken aback by the color as it transformed from a full-throated luscious red into a dark, blackish-red.
But it grew on me as I played with it, especially as I could appreciate its shading, which can be quite dramatic, especially in scans. To me it's a reddish version of Ancient Copper.
One issue I found with this ink was startup. Nothing that a dip in a water wouldn't solve, but still. I hope it was a fluke.
Writing Samples:
Rhodia
Close-up
Comparison
Clairefontaine paper
Comparison with Rouge Hematite
Water test
The ink has low to no water resistance on Tomoe River paper, but it can survive a short shower on cheap absorbent paper from Amazon.
Feel free to share your experience, feedback, or any other comments. The more the merrier. 😊
Comments
Post a Comment