Akkerman — Delfts Blauw — Ink Review #2
Akkerman — Delfts Blauw
Ink Review # 2
Originally posted on FPN: Apr 8, 2020
Description
This color is inspired by the lovely Delftware.
At first, I was not so impressed by the ink. It was almost too pale to be legible. But with time I appreciated the soft soothing color, by using it with a fude nib.
The dry time is decent, the flow is wet and the lubrication ranges from below average to slightly below average. You can write non-ephemeral texts with it, without fear. It will survive a few drops, but not an accidental spill.
It didn’t agree with my dry Waterman W2 (though the only ink which agrees with this pen is R & K Verdigris)! But after a couple of days the ink settled in the pen, and it was alright. But the nib was still scratchy. Ironically, it made my TWSBI stub nib less scratchy.
Shading is subtle and the ink dries to a soft muted color. There’s a faint sheen with the fude nib on Tomoe River 52 gsm paper.
Personally, I prefer smaller ink bottles. But the packaging is simple and understated, with a lovely bottle. I would suggest a sample for those interested.
Writing samples
Rhodia dot pad
Amazon Copy Paper
Tomoe River 52 gsm
Photos
Faint sheen
Comparison
Water test
Ink Characteristics
eel free to share your experience, feedback, or any other comments. The more the merrier. 😊
Comments
Post a Comment