Sailor — Shikiori Shimoyo — Ink Review #8

Sailor — Shikiori Shimoyo

 

Ink Review # 8

 

Originally posted on FPN: Jan 10, 2021

 

Ink: Shikiori Shimoyo

Brand: Sailor

Country: Japan

Availability: 20 ml bottle.

Pens Used: Vintage Conway Stewart 330 - Oblique nib

Description

I had the opportunity to try a sample of this thanks to @A Smug Dill .

I'm not a Sailor convert yet.

While I found the color intriguing and the ink pleasing to use, it looked nicer scanned than in real life.

It was a bit of a pain to clean the pen. Probably it would have been much easier if I’d used a modern pen.

Chroma

Writing Samples

Whimsical written samples and whacky drawings.

Midori

Comparison

Ink Characteristics

·      Shading: Yes, with a flex nib.

·      Ghosting: A bit. Though with a wet oblique nib, you cannot expect less.

·      Bleed through: None.

·      Flow Rate: Good.

·      Lubrication: Good.

·      Nib Dry-out: Nope.

·      Start-up: No problem.

·      Saturation: No.

·      Shading Potential: Yes.

·      Sheen: Faint.

·      Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: None.

·      Nib Creep / “Crud”: Don’t recall.

·      Staining (pen): Nope.

·      Clogging: Nope.

·      Water resistance: A bit.

 

Feel free to share your experience, feedback, or any other comments. The more the merrier. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Noodler's — Polar Green — Ink Review #5

Jacques Herbin — Couleurs de Paris Bistro Parisien — Ink Review #266

Zerkon No. 76 — Crushed into Dust — Ink Review #270