Rohrer & Klingner — sketchINK® Frieda — Ink Review #12
Rohrer & Klingner — sketchINK® Frieda
Ink Review # 12
Originally posted on FPN: Jun 20, 2021
Series: sketchINK®
Description
These pigmented inks, designed for sketching, are purported to be both lightfast and waterproof.
Like other inks of this series, Frieda is wet. Dry time is on the longer side; it's for sketching, after all.
For writing, I prefer this series with a modern flex nib, where I get more character out of the ink. However, it is imperative to use pens with a good seal; otherwise, you’ll have start-up issues.
I have had another one of this series in a Pilot Varsity for almost a year. The only times I had hard starts were when the pen was kept nib side up. However, in a Lamy Safari, an Ahab and many other pens, it dried up when not used regularly.
Note on pigment inks: Pigmented fountain pen inks are best used in well-sealed pens that are easy to dismantle. Regular cleaning is advisable, and pen flush may be needed if water alone is not enough.
Writing Samples
Midori
Tomoe River 68 gsm
Note: Tomoe River used here is 68 gsm, not the thinner 52 gsm version commonly referenced in reviews.
Comparison
Artwork
Ink Characteristics
Feel free to share your experience, feedback, or any other comments. The more the merrier. 😊
Comments
Post a Comment