Ink Institute — Tamshui-Xinyi Line — Ink Review #32
Ink Institute — Tamshui-Xinyi Line
Ink Review # 32
Originally posted on FPN: Apr 21, 2022
Description
This series is a celebration of the Taipei metro. The color represents the red of the Tamshui-Xinyi Line on the metro map.
I really like this one. It’s spot on what I like in a red. It looks spectacular with a wide fude nib.
The ink has slightly below-average lubrication and needed to be cajoled with a #6 fude nib. But with the other nibs I tested, it had no problems. Though don't expect Doyou-style lubrication. I would say it has restrained lubrication.
Dry time is alright with F nibs, but with a fude nib, it took its sweet time to dry, which is not a surprise.
It has absolutely no water resistance. Not the best ink to write your shopping list/love letters on a rainy day…. You’ll have a Casablanca moment.
Writing Samples
Rhodia
Midori
Tomoe River 68 gsm
Note: Tomoe River used here is 68 gsm, not the thinner 52 gsm version commonly referenced in reviews.
M, F, Fude nibs
HP Premium32 32 lb Paper
Fude/ F nibs
Cheap paper
Comparison
Water Test
Ink Characteristics
Feel free to share your experience, feedback, or any other comments. The more the merrier. 😊
Comments
Post a Comment